Seed Funded Projects
- Must have consortium partner as coPI.
- 1 year, maximum of 5 lakhs.
- Goldcluster-Liposomes hybrid nanoparticles as theranostic agents for cancer. Rinti Banerjee/Rohit Srivastava (IITB) & Abhijit De (TMC)
- Role of p53 aggregation and amyloid formation in human cancer. Samir Maji (IITB) & P. R. Chaudhari (TMC)
- Proteomics and imaging analysis for the identification of biomarkers of gliomas. Sanjeeva Srivastava (IITB) & A. Moiyadi (TMC)
- Biochemical and nutritional characterization of tender coconut water and its shelf life extension. N. G. Shah (IITB) & S. Dandekar (KEM)
- A data analysis platform for NGS analysis. Santosh Noronha (IITB) & Dutt/Shirsat/Mulherkar (TMC)
- Collection of serum samples from patients with complicated malaria. Swati Patankar (IITB) & N. Gogtay/U. Thatte (KEM)
- Trypsin de-adhesion assay as a high throughput tool for correlating cancer cell invasiveness with cell mechanical properties. Shamik Sen (IITB) & Pritha Ray (TMC)
- Development of a biodegradable nanovesicle in gel system for regional delivery of radio-sensitizing agents. Rinti Banerjee (IITB) & J. Shastri/V. Gota (TMC)
- Development of microfluidic device to understand sperm motility. Sameer Jadhav (IITB) & Priyanka Parte (NIRRH)
- Neuro-cognitive underpinning of co-morbidity between dyslexia and autism. A. Khan (IITB) & S. Desai (Drishti)
- Nanofibrous guided bone regeneration membrane for dental and orthopedic applications. J. Bellare (IITB) & Geeta Vanage (NIRRH)
- Design and development of a novel voice prosthesis. P. Gandhi (IITB) & Prashant Pawar (TMC)
- Genome and transcriptome analysis of Streptococcus pneumoniae during invasive pneumococcal disease. A. Banerjee (IITB) & N. Gogtay/U. Thatte/S. Karande (KEM)
- A network based experimental approach to investigating PSMD9 and PSMD10 Proteosomal chaperone mediated regulation of pro-apoptotic and pro-survival decisions. S. Chakraborty et al. (IITB) & P. Venkatraman (TMC)
- Design, synthesis and functional characterization of antimicrobial peptide analogues. K. V. Venkatesh et al. (IITB) & S. Thomas (NIRRH)
- Evaluation of Targeted Delivery of Nanopolymeric Microtubule Inhibitors Formulation in Hepatocellular Carcinoma SCID Mice Models. D. Panda et al. (IITB) & Sanjay Gupta (TMC)
- Comparison of levels of the tumour markers [Ca 15-3, Ca 125] in serum and saliva of patients with breast cancer. S. Mukherji et al. (IITB) & Deshmane/Ashavaid (Hinduja)
- Drug-nanoparticle combination for overcoming antibiotic resistance in Mycobacterium. R. Bandyopadhyaya (IITB) & C. Rodrigues (Hinduja)
- Microfluidics-based approach to on-demand fractionation of blood components.V. Gundabala (IITB) & V. Patel (NIRRH)
- Generation and expansion of Chimeric Antigen Receptor-T (CAR-T) cells for Adoptive cell therapy.R. Purwar (IITB) & G. Narula (TMH)
- Modeling malaria prevalence in Mumbai.S. Mukhopadyay (IITB) & N. Gogtay/U. Thatte (KEM)
Tata Center Healthtech Projects
- Jaundice diagnostics in neonatal care.
- Functional nanohybrids for cancer treatment.
- Technology Options in addressing malnutrition.
- Point-of-care Diagnostic for Osteoporosis.
- Product for voice Prosthesis.
- Non-invasive delivery of non-steroidal drugs.
- Low cost bone graft for bone reconstruction.
- Low cost point-of-care blood cell analysis.
- Hemosorb - Haemostatic dressing for Trauma Care.
- Development of a Point-of-care test for the detection of pathogens causing Urinary Tract Infections.
- Home Based Nutrition Counseling Program.
- Cervical Cancer Screening.
- Microcrystalline Silicon Piezo-resistive sensor for foot plantar pressure gauge.
- Upliftment of nutritional status of vulnerable population in Rajur, Taluka Akole, Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra
- National Cancer Grid
- MIT-IIT workshop on noninvasive and minimally invasive diagnostics.
- InnAccel-IITB Biodesign workshop at D. Y. Patil.
- Student driven projects
- Objective is to build low cost MedTech devices.
- Each project will have a IITB faculty + clinical mentors.
- Up to 15 projects will be funded.
- Facilities are listed at the consortium website:healthcare-research.iitb.ac.in
- Shared facilities from the following partners are listed at this time: IITB, ACTREC, NIRRH and Span.
- The IITB-ACTREC shuttle service operates on alternate wednesdays.
- July 26, 2013 - Dr. Rajiv Sarin, Director, ACTREC
Challenges in T2 Translational Research: Bench to Bedside to Community!
- Feb. 28, 2014 - Dr. Farokh Wadia, HN Reliance Hospital
Clinical needs in paediatric orthopaedics.
- Feb. 20, 2015 - Dr. Nitesh Chawla, Notre Dame
Big Data for the Common Good: Being a Dataologist